View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcc View Post
The space you are playing in has a big impact on the sound you hear when you play your guitar.
I would agree that your change from an enclosed room to an open area was probably more the issue in that short of time than the change in temp/humidity.
I didn't see whether you took it back to the original room and checked it but it's no different than where you sit in relation to your amp. or PA. Off to one side the instrument/vocals will sound completely different than if the speaker is directly behind or in front of you pointed at you. Sit close to a solid wall and have the sound projected back at you or have someone else play the guitar for you so you can hear it from in front of it and I guess it will immediately sound better.

I see that you answered part of my question. I have noticed over the years that sometimes I pick up a guitar and marvel at its sound only to think a short
time later that the guitar didn't sound quite as good. I believe it's all in our heads. The instrument won't change in a very short period from external influences but how you think you hear, see or sense something in general will.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 09-29-2010 at 10:18 AM.