View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Seems to me that people are aligning with the ranking. One thing I would like to point out, though: the L13 doesn't represent all carbon fiber guitars any more than the 814 doesn't represent all wood guitars. In this particular comparison, the ekoa Savoy seems to have a warmer sound than the L13, but there are other carbon fiber guitars that would also have a warmer sound than the L13.

When I picked my X20 over my 814, that is specifically those two guitars. We have at least one member here who has both an X20 and an L13 that might offer some insight. And, so no one thinks I am promoting any specific brand, how about an L13 compared with a RainSong Shorty or Parlor (closer in size)? A CA?

If the group can talk Ted into doing a RoadTrip with his new X20 (from a different thread), maybe he can pack a couple other CF guitars along so folks can really make some comparisons? I would suggest putting an 814 in there, too, but those are readily available in many markets; not so much with carbon fiber options.