View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Why is this important to you?

"Real vs artificial"... not intending to be derogatory? Pretty transparent. Couldn't go with the "living" bit, so now you're trying "real vs artificial." Pick up a carbon fiber guitar - it is a real guitar. If anyone missed your derogatory intent previously, it should be quite apparent with this post. The only artificial thing I see here is your made-up argument.

For a counter-point: when I was looking for a carbon fiber guitar, I went into a well-known chain guitar shop. The salesman I spoke with had heard of carbon fiber, but had never seen or played one. He said, "Let me show you this..." and took me to a black Martin HPL... "It LOOKS LIKE carbon fiber."

Guitar manufacturers offer different finishes and styling to appeal to a broader market. Martin does it. Taylor does it. Even exclusive luthiers do it. I would be surprised if your guitar (assuming you actually have and play a guitar) doesn't have some finish treatment. The only idea "one needs to get away from" is the consideration that your opinion carries any weight for those who appreciate options.

Why the childish tirade against carbon fiber? What do you expect to gain by the lame attempt to belittle another option?

You have nothing to fear from carbon fiber. No one is trying to force it on you. You might learn from that.

Jim

On edit: Ted, it seems that great, free-thinking minds do think alike. Sure beats being a part of a "traditional-herd mentality." LOL
I'm simply responding to the original post as to "Why do few major artists play Carbon Fiber". I don't have anything personal against it, simply calling it as I see it. Not attacking you or any others who enjoy playing those kinds of guitars.

The "real vs artificial" seems appropriate, like comparing Christmas trees.