View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM

Love it Jim.

Ok, I know few read through an entire thread so I will say it again, the very simple answer, in my opinion, to the original question is the low numbers of units produced, and product placement. When, not if the big boys start building CF guitars you will see them in the hands of major artists.

And before the question is asked, again, the big boys have steered clear of CF not because there is no demand for what it has to offer, but because of the difficulty in building with it. A prime example of what might be a builder under estimating the difficulty of producing CF guitars is McPherson and their cool little Kevin Michael travel guitars. When introduced back in January the retail price was set at $2400, however by the time they started to trickle in late summer, the retail price was raised to $3200.

And yes, I do sell CF guitars, more than any other dealer in fact, but I am also a top dealer for most of the wood guitar builders in my signature. I love wood guitars, in fact I love wood, anyone who has ever been to our custom Martins and Taylor section can see that, but I also love what CF guitars bring to the table, and they can be quite beautiful in their own way. Were I a gigging guitarist with money for only one good guitar, it would in fact be a Rainsong, it's as simple as that.

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 12-10-2014 at 09:15 AM.