View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Hi Joseph,

Which is why, I'd assume, that my three-year old Mackie SRM450 active Monitors, with more conventional but heavier power amps: a Class G, Parametric Servo Feedback for low frequency, and Conventional Class AB for high frequency is probably more reliable under varying operating conditions than the new Class D power-amp-Based Mackie SRM450V2. The older SRM450 is 10 lbs. heavier than the newer SRM450V2. Also, the older SRM450 speakers have a conventional magnet in their low-frequency speaker but the new SRM450V2 low-frequency speakers are neodymium-magnet equipped. Maybe some of that extra weight is worth it for the greater reliability of the SRM450 power amps? What do you think? Thanks.

Regards,

SpruceTop
Again Spruce..with all due respect to you brother, SRM450's are NOT known as reliable speakers..It's easy to check that out for yourself. They have a tendency to shut down under heavy loads and I've personally witnessed it happen. I'm sorry to even say this and i'm not trying to be a contrarian *** here. Just letting you know my experience knowledge of the rep of those speakers. Sorry man.