View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Slowhand View Post
PS. Does anyone have string recommendations for the OM1-GT? And what to avoid. I'll stick with 12's. My inclination is Martin Retro's. Doesn't need them yet.
I stretch my string life as far as I can, and find the Martin Lifespan give me a good run for the money.

I'm still trying to decide if the current "2.0 Authentic" version is really an improvement or not, but they seem to be doing well on my GPCPA3. (My last set of the 1.0 version is on my mahogany OM and they sound excellent on that guitar. It will be a few months before they need changed.)

The main knock about them is that they are expensive at $12.99/set. I just picked up a 3-pack from Sweetwater where they are selling those at a buy 2, get one free price, i.e., the 3-pack is the same price as 2 single sets.

I tried the Retros, but while I thought they sounded great right away, they lost their sound too quickly for me, and I went back to the Lifespans. Others seem happy, so YMMV, as they say.