Thread: For Sale: SCGC Acoustic Bass Guitar
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Default SCGC Acoustic Bass Guitar

A very sudden purchase decision has left me in a rather bad spot - I’m already 1 case over the limit set by my wife, and when the new one comes in, well - To avoid this situation, I’m going to list a few guitars that aren’t getting played - this one is the easiest, and the hardest -

The Acoustic Bass from Santa Cruz is pretty rare - they’ve built very few over their history, and I’ve almost never seen them come up for sale used. When I did a few years ago, I had to grab it - even though I don’t play bass -

Its in beautiful condition, sounds very good, and is a lot of fun to play around on. Based on my experience with 6 string guitars, I think the relief should be increased maybe 1/32, but no idea what it should be. Under different circumstances, I’d take it down to the mothership and get their expert tweaks on it - but thats not possible right now.

Included in the case is some case candy, including a pick-guard which was never installed. Due to the size of this case (50” long) I would love to have a local sale, but if you want it shipped, especially outside the lower 48, it’s gonna be pricey -

Please ask all questions, and I’ll try to get them answered. Specs are all on the Santa Cruz site - nothing particular custom about this. Beautiful mahogany b&s and neck, spruce top with ‘burst, Gotoh tuners -

$3750 - plus shipping. Thanks for looking!