View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 02:36 PM

Default Leonardo Buendia OM - Celtic design : Woodstock presentation

Greetings folks !!

This is my second commission – the first one is Olson that I am loving with – and I surely believe I did make awesome decision on this.
Looking for an another lifelong instrument, I heard about Leonardo Buendia who has been serving Ervin Somogyi’s apprenticeship. Scrutinizing his #1 guitar, which already was at it's zenith not only in voicing but also in aesthetic beauty, I decided to contact to Leo face to face, and finally get on a plane bound for Oakland, CA at middle of 2013.

Watching closely and meeting with Leo, I became assured that he will and can build a guitar in perfection. The responsibility, conviction and passion for luthiery - that I also looked into one by Mr. Somogyi – surely impressed me and I ordered one without deciding any of details. Yet, due to the military duty, it took approx. 2 years to confirm all the details of the guitar.

Throughout the whole building process, I have believed Leo 100% and very tried him to express his will and aesthtic taste into the guitar freely, standing in flexible view. And It seems I made right decision. This one will be exhibited at the upcoming Woodstock show I cannot wait for

Here is the specification

2015 OM Cutaway
· Soundboard Engelmann spruce
· Back & Sides, Brazilian Rosewood
· Rosette and End graft - Carved Celtic design
· Bridge, Hand carved Brazilian RW
· Backstrip, interrupted
· Cutaway, Florentine
· Fingerboard, Custom Inlay from 3rd. to 19th. fret
· Scale length, Fanned fret - 26” bass side, 25” treble side
· Inlay, back of the neck
· Nut and Saddle, Laminated bone
· Tuning Machines, Alessi Oval in gold with ebony buttons
Olson SJ, #1 inlay
Leonardo Buendia OM Celtic
Petros Nouveau #4
Goodall CJ BRW

--------------------
Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. ㅡPlato, The Republic

Last edited by Justin Kim; 09-16-2015 at 08:47 AM.