View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
I'd like to pair it with an internal mic like this video. There's supposedly instructions on how to wire it some where on the innerwebs. But, I've not been able to find it. Also, I'm not sure what the best mic to use is.
Well you could pair it with a mic if that's what you wanted but I personally would recommend something else. The HFN sounds enough like a mic on it's own that it's really not worth it. You would be better off dual sourcing it with something that has higher feedback rejection than SBT's in general like a UST or magnetic pickup. I personally don't like either of those options and since I already have a Barbera Soloist pickup that's what I will be dual sourcing it with when my X20 gets here. There has been enough people reporting that the HFN has great feedback rejection on it's own so that's something else to consider. I'm doing the dual source in one guitar only more of a "just in case" scenario. Note that it's only the Artist preamp that has the dual source option. You can get the instructions on Schatten's website under the HFN Artist section. Here's a pic below of all you need to see. If you order a HFN Artist all you have to do is solder your other pickup to "input 2" on the preamp and set the gain however you like. Keep in mind this is just my opinion and I'm quite happy with the passive HFN on its own.

[IMG][/IMG]