View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmf View Post
I wonder if a "hybrid" logo was ever considered.
I hope not — introducing more complexity into the Bourgeois brand identity along with this new partnership and product offering wouldn’t be the right move.

I like that Taylor and Martin are confident enough in their Mexican-made guitars that they get — more or less — the same logo and visual hallmarks of their USA-made counterparts. I hope Bourgeois has the same level of pride in their entry-level line and that it’s reflected in the quality.

Dana B’s note is refreshingly straightforward and transparent in a time when it would be easy for someone in his position to rely solely on the marketing copywriters and product managers to lace messaging like this with buzzwords and corporatespeak.

It truly does seem like a win-win for both companies, and ultimately, consumers. I hope this pushes some of the other smaller-shop brands to offer more accessible instruments, and I hope it keeps the big brands on their toes. Looking forward to see what these new guitars look and sound like and at what price point.