Thread: Borrow a mic?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

I will probably be called a cynic, but... you "aren't into over-paying for a mic," but you want to borrow one for for free... from someone who apparently is into over-paying for a mic? And, you want to borrow it for 6 months? Meaning the lender would not have use of that mic for that time?

If you are making a second album, you should be at a point where you invest in yourself and the gear necessary to get the job done.

I once lent a guitar to a friend of a friend, who was traveling in the area. My friend vouched for him. One night, and it was at an event where I was playing, as well. So, I could pretty much keep an eye on it. The guy wailed on that guitar. When I pointed out the scratches in the top, he said those were there when he opened the case. They weren't. When I sold that guitar, I had to offer it for a reduced price due to the cosmetics. It taught me not to borrow or lend equipment. Last time I needed a PA while traveling, I rented from a local music store.

You are probably a good guy who would be very careful with borrowed equipment. Still seems to be a reach, all things considered.