View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 08:01 AM

What put the HX Stomp over the top for me was custom Cuki79 IRs for my HFN equipped guitars combined with the Stomp parametric EQ. I think this IR solution is competitive with Tonedexter in my usage. Otherwise I am using plate reverb and the LA Compressor for leads. The tuner is also quite good and once you master the multiple entry point UI, the Stomp is adjustable in performance (a step up from the Zoom UI but still not simple).

For my Strat, I use Tube Screamer to Fender Spring Reverb to Deluxe Reverb amp/speaker model to my QSC CP8 (set to monitor EQ and sitting on the floor). A simple SRV-like set up. This works well for me.

Prior to the HX Stomp I was using a Zoom G1 four (this was before the A1 was introduced) for compressed lead boost, EQ (a bit of treble cut for the HFN), and reverb. The A1 canned IRs are likely for USTs not SBTs.

The reason I started looking at the HX Stomp was the 30 second looper in the G1 four was not adequate for home practice. I play in a duo and we don't use looping to perform.

I am currently working on a project to create an open source IR generation system. I have the education to understand what to do, but not any recent programming skills.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields