View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 08:20 AM

Wow, that's a magnificent looking group of OMs, thanks for sharing!

Like Jimmi, I too would like to know how your Borges sounded by comparison, not so much a ranking as some insight into timbral variation. From what I read above it looks like the Circa is a bit softer and rounder than the others - I guess I'd expect that from the Borges as well but I sure would like to hear from someone who plays them all the time.

I keep finding the softer, rounder trebles associated with a touch less air ... I play a Mcalister OM 28 and I really like the warmth or the rounder trebles, I don't give up clarity to bass smear and the bloom is incredible (both compromises usually made to warmth in non-vintage instruments) but there is a bit less air than in some really great vintage guitars I've played and I have only occasionally come across this sense of air in newer guitars (A Merrill I once owned for instance); when I do find it in a newer guitar it seems like it always comes with much brighter - or maybe faster - treble transients.

I understand that bloom and balance are just incredible from all those builders - thanks again for the pics (and whatever you decide to share of your experiences)

MB