View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
It kinda sounds like a removable neck may be an unneeded feature. The GS Mini should survive pretty well in an RV. Wrap its case in extra blankets or sleeping bags to limit heating and store it on the floor (cooler) if you leave for the day w/o air conditioning. We've done that in our camp trailer when shore power was not available to run the AC. That takes care of temperature. You can contain humidity by putting case and all inside a couple of heavy plastic bags, like trash compactor bags or contractor-grade trash bags. This presumes you take it out to play regularly so mold cannot grow. If the Mini then eventually develops issues, there are plenty more just like it on the used market. You can buy three GS Mini's used for the entry price of almost any CF guitar. While I don't condone abuse of instruments, they are a lot tougher than most forum members give them credit for.

As I mentioned in the PM sent earlier, my wife liked her Cargo (better sound and build quality) over the mahogany topped GS Mini, but both went by the wayside once she tried an X7. Good luck in your research!
Thanks. Great info on how to keep the GS Mini if I take it and I think I will. I didn't know any of this, so good info. The Mini can be a back up, but we're thinking we want a CF (or CF/glass-whatever) guitar as a primary. We're undecided on whether the neck needs to be removable. I'll PM you about your X7.