View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I just measured it: 20".

The Taylor necks are my favorites, and are the only wood acoustics I own anymore. The Emerald neck profile isn't quite as thin as my Taylors, but are close enough that it is an easy transition. Certainly more comfortable for me compared to the RainSong N2/NS neck. I had a RS Shorty for several years - I liked the tone but that chunky neck gave me hand cramps.
Thanks! 20 is a good number for us if 14 frets on the neck. If we decide we don't need a removable neck, the v2 X7 is one of the top contenders. We play rhythm a lot, so 12 frets work well. Lots of research left to do.

I have seen the Emerald X7 necks characterized as "moderate C", whatever that means. Thanks for the comparison to Taylor. That I understand. Bob spent a fortune on mechanization at Taylor. The necks are consistent.

So the RainSong N2/NS necks are "fatter" than the Emerald v2 X7? Good info on the Shorty's neck. I'll scratch that off the list. I saw one on Reverb.

I have Taylors and a Martin OOO21 custom shop with the modified low oval with performing artist taper neck. Smaller the better.