View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 01:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Okay, so I adjusted the multi-DIP-switch array to 12, which has the most bass, and which is the first step in the process of adjusting the 1 to 12 circuit board switches of Ultra Tonic 3.2 for tone and clarity. It seems to have made the overall tone sound better with more bass than the previous switch settings. My next step would be to turn off the Multi-DIP-switch array by turning off switch 12 which removes the Multi-DIP-switch from the tonal outcomes. This doesn't, however, completely remove the effect of the large anti-feedback, reverse-phase disk on the tone of the system. To do that, its leads would have to be unsoldered from the endpin/Multi-DIP-switch circuit board assembly which would kinda sorta make the amplified tone of the Main Single Transducer of the Ultra Tonic 3.2 sound similar to a K&K Pure Mini. More to come ...
A point of clarification. Having all dip switches off DOES NOT totally remove the feedback sensor. In fact, it is exactly the same as position 7!

Why, you say? It is complicated to explain, but suffices to say the switching circuitry is complex and this arrangement was the simplest way I could do it without having to force people to use an overly complicated switch sequence.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup