View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 11:28 PM
Anticipation Junkie

All, thanks so much for the feedback. It is really helpful to learn about what you’ve done to your gear.

Chickee, I’ll be sharing your component changes to your guitar and X2 with my son. His Super Champ is an XD. Actually, his younger brother is equipped with the same Strat and Amp. I have an XD as well, though I don’t play my American Strat ‘57 Reissue very much as I’ve long been much more of an acoustic guy.

I’m pleased to learn that the choice of the MIM Strat and Super Champ was a good choice for the budget my wife and I had to outfit both sons as Christmas gifts back in 2010. Yesterday, I gave my son a book I’ve had for a long time on the history of guitars which includes a lot of info about electrics and the Strat in particular, amps and the maintenance of it all. He seemed really interested to want to read it.

Chris has been playing acoustic guitar since 2005 and although he’s noodled on the Strat/amp over the years, he didn’t really take to electrics, but that has been changing recently. At 40, he’s a busy guy with wife, kids, career and home, so I’m happy that he’s getting into it which will probably get me more into it as well. It’s a great father-son thing to share.

Thanks again, guys!

p.s. On Sunday, while we were minding our granddaughters, he took his Strat with him to visit a guitar shop. I haven’t yet talked to him about how it went, but I’m glad that he’s taking the right steps, being patient, willing to learn and really listen to what he’s auditioning.

Last edited by Acousticado; 01-24-2022 at 11:33 PM.