View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 02:07 PM

Here are two very hot rodded Super Champ X2’s and one lightly modded American Performer Strat.

The Strat received GraphTech Teflon saddles, nut and string trees. Also brushed satin locking tuners. A fret end dressing and a big engraved Fender “F” neck plate and ceramic coated tremolo springs. That’s it. It play fast, stays in tune forever. To me the guitar is priceless, and for a mid level axe that’s saying a whole lot. Would your son “get it?” Who knows.

Now the Super Champs.
The burgundy has a Celestion Greenback speaker installed with a JJ tube upgrade. I would take this amp anywhere and play any stage with this. It’s that good of a hot rod.
The Sonic Blue is a secret weapon. A Celestion Gold speaker with Genalex Gold Lion tube set make this Super Champ so efficient it goes up against the hardest hitting rock drummers and laughs at them. Twenty three pound weight all in. Was it worth spending the same amount on a speaker and tube set as the cost of the amp itself? To me, that’s a big yes. Only your son can answer that for himself. And BTW-Super Champs we’re quietly discontinued by Fender last year and the prices for used ones are skyrocketing right now. Take a look on Reverb and try to buy one…
Good luck to your son.