View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
I totally get your “huge room” comment, but for studio purposes, its a decent size. I would definitely put a throw rug down, and a big one at that. As mentioned already, the first floor bounce is important, and even though a carpet isnt an acoustic sink, it can certainly help. But also, marble is cold, slippery, and almost guaranteed to shatter anything accidentally dropped. For the latter reasons alone, I would go with a rug.

Also, if you can get away with some “art”, I got a whole box of used burlap coffee bean sacks from Amazon cheap. They fit 3M insulation panels nicely, and with a 1x3 stained wood border, they look really cool. Much better than egg-crate foam, too.

https://youtu.be/z5ApIWbjvcA
Our local coffee roasting place has bags free for the asking. Some of them are quite nice and have very interesting and colorful logos on them. I can see where they would make great "panel art".

I'd also suggest that you can tell a lot about what a room is going to sound like by simply clapping once and listening to what's reverberated and/or reflected back to you. It's almost too easy, but I think it's a great way of predicting "room sound".