View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DupleMeter View Post
I have a ton of plugins. Some of them are specialty tools for specific situations. But my basic go to plugs are:

Saturation
McDSP Analog Channel
Black Box HG-MS

For reverbs I basically use 2, both LiquidSonics. The Seventh Heaven Pro & Cinematic Rooms.
This has been a valuable thread for myself...
I am a hardware tracking person. That is just what works best for me to hear it up front. I've got a very nice hardware compressor.
However, somethings are just beyond my reach monetarily. Reverbs...completely out of my budget...
So thanks to all of the recommendations of so many, I will be purchasing Cinematic Rooms as soon as the Black Friday Sale begins.
Now I would like to turn my focus to Saturation plug ins. I listened to Duplemeter's recommendation of McDSP Analog Channel and I really liked it.
Can you tell me what is the difference between McDSP Analog Channel & other tape emulating plug ins?
This is a very interesting piece of hardware used for mastering. I think this sounds pretty glorious. They claim that it effect is gentle..but to me it seems to make a defining difference. There are adding 2nd order harmonics & more.
So are there any other recommendations for plugs ins that achieve close to this quality? And or does the McDSP Analog Channel basically achieve this?
One of the big Questions brought forth is are we just hearing a volume change and it is fooling us?
This Unit claims that we are not hearing a volume change. It just sound so pristine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0XueYJ8umg