View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
A good set-up will ensure your guitar is in the optimal playing state. Sometimes it can make the instrument feel like whole new one, making it a joy to play.

But provided you can actually play the instrument at the moment (and put up with the buzzing), I wouldn't worry about it until it's practical to get it done. It's not expensive (unless there is something seriously wrong), and well worth it.
Shined a flashlight in the body the day it arrived, looking for any obvious noise makers. No silica packet.

I can, and am playing the guitar now. The action on my guitar is much nicer, for me, than my son's low end dreadnought. He had it set up and it was one of two big reasons why I had serious doubts about me enjoying learning to play. Turns out a smaller body and lower action is what this compact gal needs, at least to learn on.

I will take mine to a shop though to have it gone over. Bought the instrument online, sight unseen. The rattle concerns me, and a good set up will likely benefit me at some point in the learning process.