Thread: Line 6 Helix
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 11:44 AM

Smile

Hi!
I missed your post when I was writting my prior one (and editing it many times due to my poor english), sorry.

EDITED: Late again, many post before mine!! I'm very slow writing in english. Sorry, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
Why buy a Helix if you're just going to use the Aux In?????????????? (BTW, I have the floor)
1. part of the magic of the Helix is its input guitar handling of auto impedance matching, etc.

For nylon, the signal should be pristine going into the Helix. For me, this was a major problem for years (that and the lack of FRFR speakers), but the best solution is a nylon string guitar with pickup/preamp installed by the mfr. - i.e.,Takamine, Cordoba ... I tried most of the others, and the only solution that even came close was a Schertler DYN-G

Using the Aux In defeats the very reason for being of the Helix - those that use it probably don't have a good signal coming from the guitar to begin with...
I've quoted the parts I'm going to discuss/ask about.

—If your guitar already have a pickup/preamp, why do you need plug it on the Helix guitar In?

My guitar is a Yamaha NCX700C, that have "transducers" and a preamp with EQ onboard. It's has an "active" circuit, feed with 9V battery.
—Should I use a guitar IN or an Aux-in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
2. With the guitar input, it is up to you, but it mostly depends on the quality of your guitar preamp/pickup. The Helix will not correct an poor input signal, it is not an acoustic guitar processor (although you can tweak it to make it work as well as any of the other "acoustic" solutions available. Most of these solutions are for steel strings, not nylon strings, and so are irrelevant.
If so... do you think that the AD-10 was designed for steel strings guitars?

I mean... I know something about piezo guitars needing some kind of "resonance" to restore what the piezo are losing, but again, I'm not sure if my specific guitar needs this.

My previous experience was using the Voicelive 3 Extreme I had. I was using the five "Bodyrez" amps the VL3 had, and some of them certainly enhaced the sound of my guitar in a pleasant way.

But I don't know what kind of magic was used internally to do that. I thought it sounds like nothing more of some sort of EQ combined with pre/post gain settings. Certainly it was not the same tech used on the TC playacoustic or the Bodyrez stomp pedal, as there are more things involved, like compression and a very short reverb (based on what I read in the TC Helicon forum, said by their developers)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Helix can match the sound of the VL3 bodyrez amps pretty easily. Again, I don't know why the L6 guys are not giving us that instead of so many Hi-gain stuff.

In the same way, I don't have a clue about what Boss are using with the AD-10. Some kind of internal IRs based on the same AIRD tech present in the new GT-1000, perhaps?