Thread: Line 6 Helix
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:36 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
I just got my hands on a Line 6 Helix, and it is truly staggering - an absolute monster. Even the electric patches sound great (albeit at reasonable sound levels; control of input gain is critical), but the magic is in the input section (I also have Helix Native VST and the Helix hardware adds something "special" compared to my Scarlett 2i2 and GT-001 dry inputs to Ableton Live. I don't know what it is - perhaps their auto impedance function, but whatever it is... WOW!
Hi BuleriaChk!

I'm also interested on the Helix, and there is not many people out there using it with a nylon strings, so I have some questions for you:

—Most of people seems to be using the Aux Input with (pre-amplified) acoustic guitars on Helix. Did the Guitar IN worked better for you?

—Do you have the Helix Floor or the LT? (I'm asking becouse the LT doesn't have that Aux-In)

—I did found some threads about acoustic guitars in the L6 forum but most of people says that worrying "it can work, but...". Seems like you can tweak all day long, mess with IR's, etc, but, in conclusion, there is no specific acoustic-oriented tools.

Instead of the Helix floor, I'm thinking about to get the Boss AD-10 for my nylon guitar, AND the Helix LT for my electric. The overall price is very similar compared with the Helix floor in Europe.

BUT in this case I will need another Pre+MFX for my horns, (the saxophone is my main instrument) as the Helix LT doesn't include mic input.
Perhaps a impedance converter may work for the mic using the guitar input, as my electric is a JTV Variax using the VDI connector?

The Helix floor could be my "all in one" solution, but it is precisely the lack of dedicated acoustic guitar FX that that keeps me in doubt.

Last edited by Ed_Saxman; 01-28-2018 at 05:57 AM.