View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
Release one now Jimmy, the wait for all these Emeralds to pop up are just too much suspense.
So pandaroo, like all other Emerald fans, is tired with the wait for all these unborn woodies, has requested me for some sneak peek in xtjohn's X20 colors thread.

And I thought it is better to update my own thread rather than to hijack xtjohn's thread. I'm gonna share with you guys some updates on the development of my Woody T8, and of course, pics.

Some background:

2 months back, I happened to come across a lefty T8 in opus black listed by Emerald over at eBay. I was very tempted to acquire the T8, and had been communicating with Sean to turn it into a right-handed T8 for me. But I had a problem - I have two amber T8 opus and one need to go before a new one comes in. And when someone had decided to buy one of my T8s, at the moment when I am all ready to buy-it-now for the lefty T8, Sean informed me that it was bought by someone else!

When I thought it was all over, yes - Sean offered me a new T8 build! After cracking my head on the options available, and with the select series just launching and going hot, the resistance is futile. A Woody is the only way to go, I think. And the design process began....

I wanted something that looks earthy, down-to-earth. Something non-flashy, and really looks and feels warm that you want to embrace anytime, to create rhythm from the heart, just like my trusty amber T8. Heavily inspired by the custom designed Amicus and steam punk Daedalus guitar both with Camphor Burl veneer, I therefore opted for a Bubinga top, black carbon weave configuration.

And one day, when Chicago Todd's X20-12 Woody arrived, goodness grace - the Ziricote top is so captivating and immediately I started to harbor thoughts of changing the Bubinga top to a more brown tone woody top. So I emailed Sean, and he told me there is still some leftover veneer from Todd's build, good enough for the smaller sized T8! And he proposed this for me:

bb code image