View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
Also glad to hear about the ongoing honeymoon. After 2 years, you can call it a successful match. Out of curiosity, how does it compare to your Claxton?
Hi Tom.
The obvious is that the Sands has more low end clout because it is bigger, but is less comfortable to hold as a result (but nowhere near as much as a handful as the full-fat Somogyi MD).
The Sands definitely has a very modern voice, with loads of sustain and overtones etc. Very alive.
The Claxton is a more traditional voice, perhaps a little more fundamental, but still very responsive and extremely articulate.

I guess the Claxton, being an OM, is the more "vanilla" of the two: It's tremendously versatile and there is nothing it can't really do. The ultimate guitar for the man / woman who wants only one instrument.

What I do know is that they are both stellar instruments and I would pitch either against anything else I have played. I don't really prefer one to the other. If someone had more than one guitar the choice would pivot around how each contrasts with the other instruments, rather than one being "better" than the other.

Cheers,
Steve