View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
Yes, I have used UG for years it has many versions of many songs. That said, the songs posted there all need to be taken with a huge grain of salt because they are the interpretations of people who posted them. It's always worthwhile to read the comments and discussions, and many of the songs need a lot of improvement. Some of the editing can be done within UG, but it won't save you from the task of re-evaluating yourself and eventually scribbling notes and corrections on the sheet. I don't mind doing that. I also have an android phone and a small tablet, with apps (OpenSong and SmartChord) that can import songs from UG and you can edit them there and display/scroll them instead of using paper. However you do it, it's still up to you to take the songs you like and make them playable for you. Other people's work will always be just a crutch.
Yes, this ^^^. I use UG as a starting point. If I decide the song is a keeper, I cut and paste it into a word processor, fix what's wrong, bump up the font size, and put it in my tablet.