View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 PM

Given the options you listed in the situation you'd describe, I would rule out the K&K. In my opinion (others like it more than me) the K&K is not a great choice in a full band setting.

To me, the Anthem is going to be superior to the pure USTs. Particularly if you go with the full anthem, here, then you've basically got a UST plus some more natural sound, which you can dial in to taste. You lose some of the flexibility with the anthem SL, but I still think it's a step up from nothing but a UST.

So for me it'd be between that an the M80. The M80 will be more plug-and-play and more feedback resistant. The anthem will sound more like your guitar at lower volumes. The m80 has the advantage of requiring no permanent modifications to your guitar except for drilling out the endpin-hole (assuming your guitar doesn't already have one), so I might lean that way, at least at first, and if you're not happy with it, consider the anthem, but if you mostly played in quieter settings I would probably try the anthem first.