View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy the dog View Post
For those genuinely affected by this it is a very serious pain but unfortunately this is set aside by those who find it fashionable to be gluten intolerant.

Some people are gluten for punishment.
Apologies for coming to this late and not reading the whole thing.

I was diagnosed with celiac in 1992. It's real. And all I have to say about the gluten fashionistas is "God bless 'em." Between the general awareness and the number of food options available now, my life is a lot better and I'm not the freak I was back then.

In around 1997 I was in Nashville producing some music for a Pepsi commercial and the guy I was at dinner with called his friend Steve Cropper over to the table. One of my heroes! The two of them started getting into how great the cornbread was at this place, and said I had to try it. I declined, saying that cornbread usually has some wheat flour in it while trying not to go into too much detail about the resulting symptoms because it's not the kind of thing you want to talk about while people are eating. Next thing you know, my hero Steve Cropper is getting all insulted and wanting to drag me outside and kick my ***.

In 2019, I don't think that would happen.

I coulda taken him, btw. :-)

Couch Standards