View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
I actually thought that Larry's post was informative. I didn't know that there were fingerstyle players playing and seeking out Guild 12 strings. I guess your definition of "cool" and mine are different.

The value of information on any forum is only as good as the member knowledge base, and for getting correct-information out whenever possible.

It's true that we're not saving lives...but sweeping generalizations, when incorrect, bear correcting.

Taking personal offense when corrections are made, and/or when better information is presented is contraindicated for the knowledge-base and overall wisdom of the forum.

None of us have *all* the answers, although some come close! The more-experienced builders here are awfully-great when it comes to how freely they share their knowledge; Al, Haans, Bruce, Howard, Harvey, et al, all have decades of building and valuable experience under their belts. When they speak, I listen and learn.

I can't thank them enough for their participation, their sharing, their correcting *me* when and as necessary, and all that they bring to the forum.

I like to get things straight...even when I'm wrong.

...and I agree that *I* was wrong in saying to just "go with Sitka"...of course Haans understands that the right piece of Adirondack will handle more than a lot of other woods.

Peace out...
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner

Last edited by RP; 08-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.