View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
is Daisy Chaining an advantage over Splitting the HDMI Signal and going to two monitors? Certainly would save some cost in a splitter.
The first question that comes to mind is whether daisy chaining would still allow you to split the monitors or would it force the second to mirror the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
The PA279CV.....is 4K resolution(Resolution 3840 x 2160) as where the 278QV & CV are 2560 x 1440 QHD
So the question for me to research more:
? if Indeed there would be no problems with scaling in conjunction with my new Mac Studio MI Max because of the 4k resolution...
? And if 4k would be invaluable for future video editing.
I was using a 32" lower resolution monitor for photo editing up until a couple of years ago. The problem I was having was colors not transferring correctly from the screen to print. The monitor was just not accurate enough on that front.

I moved up to a better quality monitor a few years back. When I researched what I should be looking for in a quality monitor for photo editing, a few things stood out...
You definitely want 4K so you can do more accurate editing.
You also want 10 bit color depth capability if you can get it.
It's been a few years so I don't know what's available at what price anymore, but when I was shopping, nothing under $600 was going to give me anywhere close to a full Adobe RGB color palette. If that's still the case, it's not critical to have but you will want a 100% SRGB color palette since that's what most printing houses use.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube