View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 01:00 AM

Default Your "Go To" dirt pedals

Interested to hear what you guys use for your overdriven/distorted tones. I'm not talking Amp gain, I'm talking about pedals. What dirt pedal is your number one go to?

For me it's the Boss BD-2 Blues Driver. that little blue bas.tard can just do no wrong for me. I've tried tube screamers and all kinds of overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals, tried to get a good tone from natural amp gain and always come up short, but the BD-2 just wins for me every time. I primarily play an AmPro Strat and the blues driver just compliments the single coil pups perfectly. If I want a low gain lighter style Hendrix tone, I have the gain pointing straight at the top right corner of the pedal and its perfect. If i want that heavier trashier SRV kinda sound for a pride and joy or crossfire sound for example I much crank the gain almost to max and its perfect.

I love the BD-2 because it's just an awesome pedal for dialling in low gain and higher gain drives. If you play through a solid state amp this thing will also get your tone incredibly close to a tube amp.

Anyway, enough rambling from me about the BD-2. What dirt pedals do you guys all love?