View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds114 View Post
I agree with you about the unacceptable nature of the email content in a business world, but... why is it automatically assumed that his "hate" is some -ism or some -ogeny and that it was directed at everyone who has something in common with the actual subject of the comment?

We know what he called Roger. Does he think that of all sports commissioners?.. of all lawyers?.. of all people named Roger??? Or just the guy he had a beef with? (hmm)

Would the narrative be the same if he made fun of Andy Dalton's or Jeff Garcia's complexion or the girth of a 375lb lineman?
Unacceptable is unacceptable. What he did was totally out of bounds for a leader, period. The rest is (to me) just noise and bound for an argument with someone. He's responsible for his actions, and for me that's the end of it WRT Gruden.

I think there are larger questions about what hasn't been leaked and why, and why the NFL is burying the WFT investigation. But when something is simply unacceptable, hashing out the whatabout-isms doesn't enter into it.