View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post
Personally, I prefer the coding concision and non-redundancy of a direct image url to BBcode. Then too, it obviously involves no onerous extra effort to use AGF's image tags.
I am not all that computer lingo fluent, and it sounds like you are more fluent than I . So you have lost me here, and I am not sure what the "redundancy" is you are talking about ? I was simply relating how I do it ,so the image in open the Reply as opposed to only a link like johntewright had in his reply....

Quote:
By the way, here's the url you placed between the image tags in post #41 (I removed the image tags used in your original post #41, to force the actual url to show up here): https://i.imgur.com/WsScKGO.jpg . That's a direct image url--not BBcode.
OK but it is not an open photo on my screen it's a link.
Again not sure what mean, because I didn't "place" anything between any "image tags" (which was/is my point ) All I did copy the BBCode (command C ) from the selected image on my Imgur "Images" page,,, and then in the AGF reply box clicked (command V) to paste it and that yields the opened image no "images tags" involved .

Quote:
Addendum--A question comes to mind: Is BBcode actually available to folks who don't have an account with Imgur?

Thinking along these lines: Theoretically, if poster jontewright (quoted at beginning of this post) does not have an Imgur account, he wouldn't be able to access BBcode anyway. Just wondering.

At any rate, you can of course upload images for free to Imgur--and use them in forums--without signing up for an account.
I don't know about any of the above, I do have a free account Imgur so that's all I know about.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4