View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

I take on board everything that has been said. Thinking back I understand what you mean as the tone control took me from bass only through to a sound where the bass came out a little more and the treble opened up. I wouldn’t say that I found it a sweet spot but definitely optimal. On this guitar it still sounded quite thin and had the typical piezo qualities.

You could say that in my Anthem videos I could show the full range of the mic trim control as well as the blend. I suppose for a really detailed review I should do that. In hindsight what I have been doing is more of an overview.

To be completely honest I think that I just wasn’t impressed with this pickup (in this guitar). It does give decent sound before feedback and it can be plugged in without any other pedals but I didn’t find the tone impressive enough to the point where I would want to take a ToneDexter or similar pedal. At that point, at least for me I would personally prefer a K&K, UT, HFN or similar and use the pedal which would (likely) give me the same results.

If I’m going to install a system into a guitar I’d rather opt for something like the full Anthem system where (for me) it truly is plug and play.

I hope that I haven’t upset anyone here with this review and feel free to add any comments to the video on my channel so that others can hear your experiences too.