View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMahogany View Post
I was thinking about adding a lower end solid wood rosewood OM style instrument to compliment my all mahogany dred. Based on very positive opinions here about Eastman, I'll check out an AC422 Grand Auditorium. I was also looking considering a Yamaha LS16.

Where I live, I'll have a difficult time trying to locate either one to test drive. Any opinions about either of these two models?
Two totally different animals. I owned an AC522 for a while and sold it because of its size. It was uncomfortable for me. The GA size is substantially larger than an OM, being 1" wider at the lower bout and quite a bit deeper than a typical OM too. Mine was a monster in both tone and volume and could hang with all but the very best of dreads in the volume dept.

The E6OM would be more of a direct comparison to the LS16. I have not tried the newer models w/the ARE treated tops but my E6OM was more powerful and toneful than any of the LS16's I tried prior to the ARE treated Yamahas.

Yamahas are incredibly consistent - both in tone and fit/finish.

Eastman guitars are all hand made and neck carves and string spacing at the nut are not as consistent as Yamaha. Yamahas are time tested and built to last but Eastmans have more power and soul (IMHO). YMMV

Both are high quality and good choices.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19