View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 03:05 PM

After playing the SLG for a few months now (since last summer) I can say that I absolutely love the instrument. I love the feel, the sound, the look etc...

The only thing that I was little dissapointed with was the recording setup. I don't know why I expected this, but I thought that I would be able to just plug it into a computer and hit record. I've come to realize that you need some kind of preamp first. Now that I've read a bit more about d.i. Setups this seems obvious.

So a question I have... Without going to expensive... I.e I don't want to buy the thr, even though I know the sound is awesome.... How can I record silently? Let me give you my expectation, and tell me if this is possible... So, I get up in the morning, my family's sleeping and I want to record a few seconds/minutes of music quickly before the hustle and bustle of the day begins. How can this be done fairly cheaply? Is there any $50 to $100 dollar range fix?

I have recorded using iRig and a fairly good condenser mic in front of my amp. I like the sound, but the setup alone for this takes a bit (take out amp, setup mic, do sound check etc...) and I can't do this during my regular practice time which is early in the morning as the amp is on.