View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
I agree with getting quality headphones to supplement your monitors...I bought a set of Sennheiser HD 650's to go along with my HS8 monitors. The combination works well for me as I now have two very good options to check accuracy of my recordings. I also check my recordings by burning a cd and listening to the mix on my truck's cd player. I have a factory sound system that sounds pretty good, which gives me a good idea if a mix is acceptable or not. So having three reference points to check my mixes to see if they cut the mustard or not, works well for me. Problems will usually stand out in one of the three checks.
I also use headphones but instead of burning a cd, I save as an MP3, download it on my phone and play it in my car ia Bluetooth as most people do. That way I get to hear it in 3 different systems. Fortunately for me, my recordings are so simple that they do not sound too different from system to system. I've learned to trust my Adam A7s as the reference point and do minor tweaks when playing through other systems.