View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 AM

Default Ditto X2 Loop Issues

There have been a few posts in the past about these issues. I thought I'd bring this up on the forum again, and see what other folks are experiencing now.

I loop my guitar/vocals, always live with no pre-records. The issues I've had with the looper are basically twofold. The unit makes pops when hitting the footswitch to loop, and occasionally freezes up completely. TC Electronics told me to upgrade the firmware, which I did, but the two issues persist. They've offered no other solutions, and the unit is two years old now.

These problems are intermittent, but make it difficult to use the unit live. I've had some success with the pop issue by hitting the footswitches a few times before using the unit, after power up. Someone had suggested this might be helpful because the voltage can build up in this pedal, and hitting the switches might bleed that voltage build up off. As for the pedal freezing up suddenly, the suggestion was to toggle the little switch on the left of the pedal, and hold it in the up position until the unit resets. It usually works, but sometimes I have to unplug the whole thing.

In any case, this makes it difficult to use the unit live. I made the leap and tried it last night at my gig. It froze up. I did what I normally do... pulled it out and hooked up my JamMan Solo XT. Works every time.

I'd really like to be able to use the Ditto X2. One pedal, and a battery option. The JamMan requires two pedals (the FS3X footswitch), and has no battery option. Anyone out there having these issues, or, more importantly, not having these issues with the Ditto X2?