View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 08:27 AM

I met John quite a few years ago at a NAMM show in New Orleans,probably the mid to late 80's. He was fairly new to the whole scene then, but I will never forget his warmth and his caring for musicians. He was such a big person, He was willing to go the extra mile with anyone who would stop at his booth and want to talk guitars. I remember him just lighting up when I told him about my father giving me his 1946 Martin D-28, He went behind his table and pulled out a box of strings, and said "here You go, You need to try these strings on that guitar" He gave me a whole box of strings, not just a set, a whole box. I was there for the weekend and I found myself constantly going back to the JP booth, We became friends over that weekend and He always had time to talk to me when I would run into him again. The store I worked for at the time was one of the first stores to carry his strings in the state of Ohio, I knew this because He told me that He only had one other account in our state. Nowadays I see them everywhere I go, proof of a man and his vision. I will miss You John, Thanks for being my friend, Chris