View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK View Post
Hey Neil,
Its good to see you hanging in there on this build. I like that you are taking your time and working on it when it feels right. So many newbies are so anxious to get to certain milestones in the build, like closing the box, that they end up with major mistakes or problems that is hard to fix after the fact.

After all, its the journey more so than the destination.

Not to put any pressure on you but in your signature you have this listed as a
201? build, you have about 15 months to finish it.

Travis
LOL. I’m this (><) close to closing the box. I did screw something up, BTW. I got overzealous with the block plane between the waist and the inlets on the x brace at the upper bout. Using the “light leak” method I saw gaps while clamped down so I have to remove the reversed kerfed lining in those areas and install new ones. I also need to deepen the notches on the backside of the rims.

As for the date of the finished build, I’m sticking with 2019. It’ll be seven years into the build and my 50th birthday. I’d say it’s a 20th anniversary present to my wife too, but she HATES my guitar “obsession” so she’s going to have to buy me something else! I’m still waiting for my midlife crisis sports car lol!