View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengr View Post
So the pandemic hits just as I had decided to sell off many of my longtime instruments in order to fund some new guitars, a few of which will be custom orders. However the typical custom order scenario is that you have to place the order with a dealer who then communicates with the factory.

However with so much speculation that many small businesses will not survive, I am concerned about deposits made up front.
I would think that the same concerns could apply to luthier commissions.

Anyone with similar concerns?
Certainly a valid point. I've had a recent exchange with a local client who expressed the same concerns. We decided to draw up a contract where I would put the deposit first on his behalf and he promises to pay up in full upon completion of the guitar. We went back and forth a couple times and finally decided it wasn't worth the effort and just went ahead with the deposit the old school way

If it's of any consolation, we've actually had a record number of sales this month as a dealer. I believe it's something to do with people being at home with not as much entertainment not spending, and would like to see some of that go towards a lovely new guitar

I believe a few other dealers would have experienced the same!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420