View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Thanks. I just got word that Yamaha Canada finally received my LL36 at their headquarters in Toronto. I hope I get it soon. It’s been quite a wait for this thing.

As for the stability of the neck. Everything I said was based on various bits of info out there that suggested they were mega stable compared to the average product out there. It is so nice to hear a direct example like this from someone like yourself. Thanks for telling me that. Gives me some extra confidence in my decision. I found the neck stability aspect appealing.

Apparently that structure adds a fair amount of labour to the price of their guitars...the layup process is apparently quite time consuming. Apparently it is worth it in terms of performance. Yamaha know what they’re doing. No doubt. They ain’t sexy to a lot of folks around here, but they are a solid product.
Yes, the necks in the Japanese L-series are very much like Lowden's in terms of their laminate construction and are extremely stable. I don't know about the newer models but on my old LL26 the laminations ran from heel to headstock. The new models have what looks to be a rosewood plate on the headstock rear-to disguise the scarfe joint (as on the Chinese models), perhaps? This is the older neck as on my 26: http://www.schoolmusic.co.kr/Shop/in...&Good_no=11949
Either way the 36 is an absolute beauty; I'm sure you'll love it.

Last edited by AndrewG; 10-08-2019 at 03:35 AM.