View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 12:13 AM

I find that battery run time is usually about 1/3 to 1/2 of that stated by name brand manufacturers. It's much less for the fly by night companies. My Carvin S400D with it's matching extension speaker runs about 3 to 3.5 hours with the 2nd battery installed, while 8 hours were claimed:

A Crate Taxi TX15 and 3 Roland Cube Street amps worked great for a 3 hour concert at Bolsa Chica State Beach. There were about 30 Pacific Islanders in attendance and this combination worked well to to cut above the ambient noise of the Pacific Ocean:

Two Vox DA5's worked superb at my booth at an Earth Day Festival at Mission San Luis Rey:

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Ukulele582.JPG[/img[

Here we played a backyard luau using two Roland Microcube Street's and a Roland Microcube Bass RX for a bunch of partying school teachers:

My rig for a solo at a local Farmer's market using a Roland Cube Street:

With a standup bass player and wahine hule at a local farmer's market usint two Roland Cube Streets, a Roland Microcube RX Bass RX and a Roland Microcube RX:

At a backyard party in Encinitas using three Roland Microcube Street and one Roland Microcube Bass amps for a birthday luau:

I've busked with a Vox Mini3 and made over $500 bucks on a single day in Dana Point:

[

Here's a photo of some of my battery powered gear getting ready for a gug: