View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 07:02 PM

Doug, thank you so much for the in-depth breakdown of your tests with the Amulet M. It seems as though Gary has made better efforts to make the install a little easier but it's obvious that small changes can yield varying tonal results.

I personally liked the sound of the last clip, which was the red tape install moved 1/16th of an inch toward the soundhole but without the eq added. IMO it had more warmth and a sweeter high end. I can see how the eq'd version would work better for finger style. What's surprising though is how different the tone is with just a change of tape. The first install was terrible and I can see why you disliked it. I would have been very depressed with that tone!

I have to ask though, I know you are a K&K user so how would you compare the Amulet and pure mini? Do you think that the Amulet is an improvement or is it just another SBT option that gives similar results? I used the Amulet M once in a Gibson and have the K&K in my Larrivee and to me the Amulet M has all of the characteristics of the pure mini but it's not as muddy and actually has some high end, which makes it more versatile and able to use in a busy mix.