View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=Earthworm;2856127]I'm interested in learning more about the possibilities of using a laptop as a solo singer/guitarist. Your experience would be appreciated.

QUOTE]

Hi Tim, this one for your original request.

I guess it's just another "Late than never" to chime in about my experience with laptop. I also considered myself as a (beginner) solo singer/guitarist.

First I thought I was going to bypass your request. But when I got into your YT site and watch quite a few of yours I changed my mind!

What I did with my laptop was using "Words" to put the lyric/chord for the new songs that I just learn to play/sing in my repertoire that I didn't quite memorize them either lyric or chord. I did that just for couple of months and then began to realize that it became a crutch for me!!

To me (alone?) it didn't really help me to memorize what I wanted to. It seemed like it blocked my brain to think (about lyric/chord) and just used my eyes and mouth to read/sing from what I saw at my laptop so I stop using it and get back to the "If you don't memorize the lyric/chord then don't do it in public."

I watched your performance at YT clips and like what I saw, you didn't have any music stand to help you out in anyway. And that's a good sign for me. I think I've learned from my mistake and don't want anybody else to be just another music score reader on the stage. I noticed that you also used some kind of Harmony device (I'm using Digitech Vocalist2 and also Zoom rhythm tract to help me out too)

Hope this helps some FWIW, and BTW I subc to you YT channel

Last edited by napman; 12-14-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo