View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 01:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Thanks Derek…Her fingerings don't quite work with either of the two tunings you suggested (at least not string,,omg all 6 strings together). And I'm assuming your suggest of 4th string 'B' is achieved by tuning down, not taking the D up a minor third?

The recording/video is so well mixed that sometimes I can't even detect which guitar on stage is blended. I may put on head phones and try to dig it out with stereo separation on the album version. This is the version they released on the album version, so I'm sure the video has been taken through a studio edit.
B-F#-B-F#-F#-B works for me as far as I have listened but so does B-F#-B-F#-B-B. You might try B-F#-B-F#-B-B.

So for your original question 1 and 2 strings are B and F# or B and B. It is a I-V power chord like droning sound. Each string tuned down a few notches from
standard tuning, no string tuned upward. Most definitely a B note on the first string. However you go at it some more. I'm out.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above

Last edited by rick-slo; 01-29-2019 at 06:12 AM.