View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
Got one yesterday at the local GC and it's nice. Very clean/clear recording quality, better clarity than my Olympus WS-100, although the Olympus is much more convenient and portable at ~1/4 the overall size...but just can't quite match the recording quality of the DR-05. At a price that will end up around $30, it's hard to go wrong.

Here's an audio file of my J-35 recorded with the DR-05 in mp3 format. Please ignore the rather sloppy play. I'm trying Martin Tony Rice MTR13 and not used to playing med gauge strings. My initial impression is the DR-05 seems to favor the high end of the tonal spectrum, and the J-35 isn't that bright. The overall quality seems a bit on the bright side to me but could be mic placement. Still getting used to the best mic placement/rec vol and playing with all the different settings to get the best results.

Overall, I think this will be a very good recorder for general use and certainly a good deal at this price.

DR-05:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/moq8...Hero_DR-05.mp3

DC
Recording sounds crisp and clear! This just made me excited to fiddle around with mine tonight. It got delivered yesterday along with the Polaroid mount I purchased for it. May I ask where/how you situated the recorder in relation to your guitar? Also - I found myself singing the lyrics to your instrumentals.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok