View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson2900 View Post
I've read through this entire thread and I didn't happen to see an answer to this question: how important are two Direct Outs? I don't know much about running a soundboard or a PA but are two outs that big of deal? I've noticed that on the Acus or the Schertler's they only have one Direct Out. Do any of you feel strongly about having two Direct Out's? Also, the Rosette is the only amp that I've EVER seen that gives you the option of running the pre-mix or post-mix on the Direct Outs. Is that feature as cool or as useful as it seems?

If you are interfacing with a mixing board for live or recording it can be a signiciant advantage .. the idea is that you can have separate channels and tracks for each input channel, whether that be for different instruments or a dual pickup system... You can isolate each on the mixer...

As for pre/post eq... This allows you the ability to fine tune the tone of your instrument to the sound stage where you are listening and not effect what is being sent to the mixer...

Both of these features can be significant in for live and recording... I would not consider purchasing a system that did not have these features... Unless you knew you were not going to be sending direct signals to a mixer

BTW,this can mostly be accomplished with outboad direct boxes, however having this integrated makes for a very convenient and practical ssolution...

Last edited by davidl13; 12-04-2017 at 03:58 PM.