View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H165 View Post
I'm also in the middle of a Regal project. This one is all solid woods. Spruce over mahogany. I took out the ladders, added X bracing, Kimsey brace, herringbone back-strip, back center-strip, installed a truss bar, etc..... It has a solid Brw fretboard. I like tinkering with these old guitars - especially the dovetail ones with great materials and factory-mass-production craftsmanship and assembly. My favorite is my moniker - the under-appreciated Harmony H165.
I am not as much a sucker for the H165 as I am for the figure 8 body H-162.

I always love to see one of these old guitar having new life breathed into it.

Here is the spruce top, maple body Regal that is in line to be my next project. I may just go ahead and replace the bridge with a pin bridge. Not sure of where I want to go with it but the lumber it is built with does make it a candidate for a full conversion. As it is perfectly playable as is though there is no great hurry.

Here is my last Regal "conversion" - the 9 string lap guitar. I left the bracing as is but not much else.

Last edited by zombywoof; 11-21-2017 at 04:43 PM.