View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I'm not concerned about vocals, just playing guitar while seated. So I made mine 5' high and 2' wide (4" depth using semi-rigid rockwool) with open backs. I usually connect 4 gobos together which gives me 4' width with 2' sides. I often put another gobo over the top for reflections off the ceiling. Not like a good treated room, but it gives me a pretty dead space to work with.
These are 6'6" high which is nice since I like to stand when I lay down vocals. I've got 3 2'x4' panels on the ceiling over my recording area, so I'm good there.

My room is only 11'x9', and as I said earlier, the placement of the door and two windows makes putting the bass traps in the ideal locations impossible given where the gear is laid out (and I can't really work that out any better either). So maybe with this gobo, the three bass traps I have in place already, and the one bass trap that's moveable, I can eliminate some of the nastiness the room imparts. I may have to grab a second of these but I'll make that call after I see how things pan out with the one.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube